Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa as such is a yield ground for companies, in which fortune 500 companies are in no exemption. Fortune 500 Companies In Nigeria are companies that have been in existence for a long time and are businesses that are making waves in the Nigerian Economy. These companies have been around for long and have succeeded the test of time. The following are the top 10 Fortune 500 Companies In Nigeria with branches in Nigeria.
Occupying the 10th position in the 2021 released fortune 2021 list is the ExxonMobil mobile corporation.
The Exxon mobile corporation is an American multinational oil and gas corporation with headquarters in Irving, Texas. It came to be on November 30, 1999, by the amalgam of Exxon and Mobil.
ExxonMobil is the second regional marketer of petroleum products in Nigeria after Shell.
Currently, ExxonMobil affiliates have seven main offices in Nigeria: Two offices in Lagos State (Victoria Island and Apapa), two in Akwa Ibom (at Uyo and Qua Iboe Terminal), two in Rivers State (at Federal Ocean Terminal, Onne), and Bonny River Terminal), and one in Abuja.
- Nigeria Branch Headquarters: Mobil House 1 Lekki Expressway, Victoria Island, P. M. B. 12054, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Contact Phone Number: +234 1 262 1640
- Website: http://www.exxonmobilafrica.com
Microsoft is the leading global vendor of cloud service, mobile and gaming systems, and computer software; hardware. An American multinational corporation produces consumer electronics, personal computers, computer software, and other related products.
It occupies No 15 in the 2021 fortune 500 lists.
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology corporation that produces computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
This year, Microsoft partnered with the Nigerian government to train not less than 5 million Nigerians in a digital upskill program.
Nigeria Branch Headquarters:
- Microsoft Nigeria
- 6th Floor, Civic Towers
- Ozumba Mbadiwe Road, beside Caverton Helicopters
- Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Phone : +234 (1) 4621100
- Fax : +234 (1) 4621158
It also has another branch in Abuja.
- Rivers House
- 4th Floor, Central Business District
- Abuja, Nigeria.
- Phone : +234 (9) 2907746-7
- Fax : +234 (9) 4611337
The South Korean giant Samsung is one of the largest producers of smartphones globally. It bounced back after last year’s tumble on the Global 500, rising from No. 19 to No. 15., having annual revenue of $205.6 billion.
It has several branches across the globe, of which Nigeria is no exemption. Nigeria has branches in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Onitsha, Rivers, Enugu, Delta, Benin, Plateau, Akwa Ibom, Kaduna, Abia, and Oyo.
- Nigeria Branch Headquarter: It is located on the second floor of the Amazing Grace Plaza at 2A-4E Ligali Ayorinde Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Samsung Phone Support (Nigeria): 0807267864
Chevron is one of the largest oil producers in Nigeria. Chevron is headquartered in Sam Ramson, CA, and has 34 offices across 26 countries worldwide. In the 2021 fortune 500 lists, Chevron is ranked No 27, which is an excellent feat.
- Nigeria Branch Headquarter: 2 Chevron Drive, Lekki Peninsula, Private Mail Bag 12825 Lagos, Nigeria
- Contact Number: (+234) 01 277-2222
Shell has the largest footprint of all the international oil and gas companies operating in Nigeria with over 50 years of existence in the country,
Founded in 1907 by Marcus Samuel and Samuel Samuel, the company has subsidiaries worldwide, including Shell Nigeria.
The Royal Dutch Shell currently ranks 3rd with revenue of $306.7 billion in the 2021 Fortune 500 release list.
It has branches in Port Harcourt, Lagos, and Abuja. Their addresses are
- Lagos: Freeman House, 21/22 Marina PMB 2418, Lagos
- Port Harcourt: P.O.Box 263, Shell Industrial Area, Rumuobiakani, Port Harcourt
- Nigeria Branch Headquarter: Abuja: Plot 461, Constitution Avenue, Central Business District, Abuja
- Contact Phone Number:
- Abuja: +234 (0) 8070260165
- +234 (0) 8070260134
- Lagos: +234 (0) 8070269999
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational technology corporation founded in 1911 by Charles Ranlett Flint in Endicott, New York. It is in operation in over 171 countries of the world. IBM is ranked No 42 in the current Fortune 500 released list.
- Nigeria Branch Headquarter: The IBMWest Africa 7th Floor, Africa Re Building, Plot 1679, Karimu Kotun Street, Victoria Island –
- Contact: Dipo Faulkner +234-1-462-6361 (office)
Uber Technologies is an American mobility service provider based in San Francisco that operates in over 900 metropolitan areas worldwide. As of the second quarter of 2021, Uber recorded 101 million monthly active users worldwide, which indicates how widely recognized it is.
Presently, Uber is in operation in five states in Nigeria, which are; Abuja, Lagos, Benin City, Port Harcourt, and Ibadan, it is the easiest fortune 500 company to work it, not many technicalities involved to work for it.
- Nigeria Branch Headquarter: Retail unit no. 5. Second Upper Floor, Maryland Mall, 350/360 Ikorodu Road, Lagos.
PWC is the world’s largest professional service firm with $35.4 billion in revenue. PWC operates in 157 countries and serves 418 of the companies on fortune’s Global 500 list.
PWC has offices in Abuja, Port Harcourt, and Lagos. The Abuja office serves as the mailing address and is at:
- 5th Floor, Katsina House, Plot 78, Ralph Sodeinde Street, Central Business District Abuja, FCT Nigeria.”
- 234 (0) 9 4613745/6/8
- Nigeria Branch Headquarter: Landmark Towers 5B, Water Corporation Road, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria +234 (1) 271 1700
Ranking 124 is Qualcomm, a digital telecom company with headquarters in San Diego that produces products and services including wireless software, semiconductors and owns patient to 5G and 4G communication.
In September 2010, Qualcomm opened a branch office in Lagos, contributing to the spread of smartphones in Nigeria.
Nigeria Branch Headquarter: Mulliner Towers, 7th FL 39 Alfred Rewane, St lkoyi district, Lagos, Nigeria
Coca-cola is an American beverage company founded on January 29, 1892, incorporated under Delaware’s General Corporation Law. It is ranked No 93 in the 2021 Fortune 500 list. In Nigeria, Coca-cola has approximately 4,800 employees across the nation. The company also operates 13 Bottling facilities, 28 commercial territories, and 57 distribution depots.
- Nigeria Branch Headquarter: Coca‑Cola Nigeria. 16 Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
- Contact Number: 01 – 2709 222.